Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Woman who left her feet behind

There is a window behind me, which I bestow my passing glance upon from time to time when Goddess Fidgety has definitely taken over. It's mostly frosted, but there are lines in between that will give you a view of the office that lies within. the bottom pane is almost entirely clear and through it I see a most odd sight - a little foot stool emerging from under an ankle length hem. Now, to a sane person that may not seem much. To me, its like having seen plastic toes edged with rubber upon a woman. The footstool rocks and wobbles all day and gives free reign to my imagination. I like to think of it as an alien at work, employed by the organization to regulate its outer space transactions, perhaps a being from Planet Toilet Equipment. For the first time today, the hem is missing. What I mean of course is, the woman there is gone, but she has left her feet behind. They lie there despondant and lonely, four short legs without the body that infuses life in them.
They bother me, sitting like that.
They also give me the perfect opportunity to illustrate what its like to read an exciting title and find a morbidly eye batting tale following it.

2 comments:

Codet said...

...Well the tale was good reading!

Eternia said...

hee hee, nabila you sure have stuff to say....I was starting my own blog up, but the moment I stare at the blank screen I get a major writer's block!!